- We’re getting on the BuzzFeed hype, and bringing the tone down a little.
1. RHB (Richard Hoggart Building) is a bitch.
Whether you’re a first year or a third year, Room 352 is always going to prove hard to find.
2. It’s an obvious one, but Club Sandwich is generally only properly busy at Freshers.
And they appear to use the same playlist each week
3. We’re not all pretentious ‘hipsters’.
And if we are, good luck finding someone who would admit it.
4. Exam time brings out the worst in our student population.
A genuine artefact circa exams 2013
No need to go into details…
6. Legend has it that there was a guy who set fire to the roof of
He was also rumoured to be on LSD at the time.
7. The SU offices are not as elusive as they seem
They’re behind the doors at back of the dance floor.
8. Some pretty famous musicians went here
Think Blake, Blur and Katy B.
9. There is a member of staff that drinks absinthe in lectures.
So Fucking Goldsmiths
10. A former Goldsmiths Fine Art student’s artwork mainly consisted of her own excrement.
There’s YouTube footage to prove it.
11. Swiping your library card in (or out) will never get easier.
It’s been three years…
12. But we’d advise you to embrace the apathy towards ‘unilad culture’, and enjoy the fact that we get to live in one of the most buzzing cities in the world.
We may be getting a slightly ‘alternative’ education, but it definitely has its bonuses.