[smiths] are always looking for new contributors for the website and magazine. Our general categories for submission are food & drink, politics, fashion, music, literary & creative writing, travel & international, and arts & culture.
Once we have recieved your submission we will forward it on to the relevant sub-editor who will aim to respond within a week. If the piece is considered for publication on the website or in the magazine but needs editing, we will work with you to achieve publication. Articles can be sent in for submission at any point during the academic year.
Rough guidelines are:
- Completely original and unpublished work
- Online articles between 500 – 4000 words, pictures with credits if you have them
- Concise and clearly written
- Fully spell/grammar checked
- Well researched. Back up your arguments with statistics, attempt to find sources etc.
[email protected] & the relevant section:
- Arts & culture: [email protected]
- Politics: [email protected]
- Music: [email protected]
- Food & Drink: [email protected]
- Travel: [email protected]
- Fashion: [email protected]
- Literary & Creative: [email protected]
We also publish photography, artwork, poems, fiction, creative non-fiction, features, reviews and interviews.